Sunday, January 2, 2011

Deep Fried Oreos, say whaaaaaaaat?

Happy New Year!!! My apologies for having my blog all out of order and never posting for months on end. I'm a busy, busy woman. The Office is not going to watch itself, but I digress... I had a wonderful New Year's Eve with friends, AJ, and my lovely sister out partying with us. There was lots of champagne, dancing and laughs. The next morning I took my sister to the airport. So sad!! When I got home I was able to console myself with an invitation to a friend's house for some more champagne and some deep fat frying! The idea was to do Twinkies and Snicker's bars, which are so not vegan, so imagine my delight when AJ's friend walks in with Oreos!! Yay! We made a basic batter for me and more pancake like batter for the rest.

Here are the non-vegan ones in the fryer.


Out of the fryer.


Oreos in the vegan batter.

Fry, my babies, FRY!!!

Yes, my little napkin, soak up some grease.


The vegan ones are a little blonder, AJ said he couldn't taste a difference.


I'm so glad I don't have a fryer.


We didn't stay long enough to do the pickles, thank the lord.

1 comment: